1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts
8-12 mixed plums, halved or quartered, seeds removed
1 cup blueberries
icing sugar to dust
runny custard, cream and/ or ice-cream, to serve
180g Norco unsalted butter
1 cups of plain flour
pinch of salt
50ml water mixed with a
small squeeze of lemon juice
1. To make the pastry, take the butter out of the fridge and let it soften a little, then cut into 2cm cubes. Place the butter into a mixing bowl and add the flour, and pinch of salt. Use your fingertips to rub in, until evenly
2. Add the water mixture a little at a time and mix with your fingers, bringing the floury flakes into a ball. You may not need all the water, or you may need a drop more.
3. Press the ball into a flat disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and leave to soften for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit a 23cm (base measurement) loose-bottom flan tin. Press into the tin and trim off any excess.
5. Sprinkle the pastry base evenly with the walnuts. Arrange the plums over the base, cut side up. Scatter the blueberries over and dust with icing sugar.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature, with runny custard, cream, and/or ice-cream.